Saturday, September 1, 2007





stream at nee soon road

if i had lived in an earlier era, i think i could have been an explorer, discovering new places and new land.

i have ventured into this area a few times in the past. today, i went back to have another look. the wooden bridge is still there but i think they have re-inforced it with steel girders. the stream - sungei seletar - has not changed much over the years.

this stretch between sembawang road and springleaf road is quite popular with anglers and bird watchers. in spite of the presence of private housing units (of springleaf estate), there is still a lot of greenery and the secondary forest remain intact.

in 2002, the urban redevelopment authority (ura), wanted to develop this area into a public park with cycling trails or running trails, which met with mixed responses from the residents of the area. being an unassuming rural road, many preferred letting the charm of nature here remain at its natural best.

in 2002, the ura also came up with plans to realign the road through a new park near sungei seletar. however, in 2003 these plans were shelved due to environmental concerns. the road is a rare place in singapore where one could see yellow parrots and owls.

did not see any any parrot or owl but saw big water snails, tadpoles and four men gathering either aquatic plants or clams from the bed of the stream.

2 comments:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you


LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
=================
Full Name:................
Loan Amount Needed:.
Purpose of loan:.......
Loan Duration:..
Gender:.............
Marital status:....
Location:..........
Home Address:..
City:............
Country:......
Phone:..........
Mobile / Cell:....
Occupation:......
Monthly Income:....

Contact Us At :urgentloan22@gmail.com

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com