Monday, September 17, 2007



my luck must be changing for the better

the signs are there - my luck is changing for the better. i have never struck big sweep (4-d) or toto before. the only time i got some money was when i struck the singapore sweep about two decades ago. i remember i had to go down to cecil street, had to present my identity card before collecting my winning - a paltry $100 for a 3 digit consolatory prize.

the first sign of a change in my luck happened on sept 3 when i participated in the teacher's day golf tournament held at palm resort in johor. in term of skills, i failed miserably but in the luck department i collected two complimentary tickets for a round of golf at palm resort on a weekday.

the second sign came today when i received a call on my mobile from someone at community chest. the person asked if i had taken part in the heartstrings walk held at marina bay on 18 august. i was told to go down to the community chest office at ghim moh to collect the second prize - two tickets for a two-day cruise to melaka/kuala lumpur on board the superstar virgo.

told my walking kakis that i should buy 4-d or toto more regularly. my wednesday and friday walking group has this routine: after the walk, we will head for a food centre for breakfast or post-breakfast. this will be followed by buying of fish or/and vegetables at the wet market. finally, a visit to the nearest s'pore pool outlet to place our bets.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Hello, can you email me at tysoncalu@yahoo.com? I too was a student at Monk's Hill Secondary & Victor was my History Teacher.