Tuesday, December 25, 2007






my golfing days


i did not realise that i have been playing at the game of golf for more than 15 years until i chanced upon a birthday card given to me by my two daughters on my 43rd birthday, that is about 16 years ago. then ivy was 8 years old and ida was 3. must have been ivy who designed and wrote the card.

my picking up of the game was a preparation for my retirement. i had vision of me playing golf with my retiree friends. well, this vision has been partially realised. i do play with my kakis, who are retirees, but only occasionally.

i am still not very proficient at the game, though i am quite well versed with the rules of the game. so, i still do not have a proficiency certificate (pc, as they called it). i feel handicapped when i hit the shots because of my own perception of my limitations. i have this mental image that my physique will not allow me to hit the white ball beyond 150m. so, up to now, i have not gone for any handicap test.

to be honest, i cannot say that i really enjoy the game of golf. i enjoy the company of my friends on the fairway and the green but i rather caddy for them or drive the buggy than tee off with them.

to compliment me, my friends like to say that i am consistently inconsistent when i play golf with them.

No comments: